Kids take note that all toys are not created equal! I have quickly learned that some toys are interesting for a day while others have withstood the test of time, some toys are only cute the first time the noise happens (think of how annoying it is to Mom and Dad if I don’t even like it) while others even months later aren’t getting on my nerves, and let’s face it for Mommy’s sake some toys are easy to clean and others take forever to appropriately wash. Below is a short list of my favorites that Mom and Dad also approve of:
- Manhattan Toy: Ziggles – This toy several different textures and each dangling piece is a great size for my hands.
- Rhino Toys Oball Rattle – Oball bounces, rolls, rattles, smashes, and is easy to pick up! I got it at a very young 6 months and have loved every minute of playing with Oball. I have had it for a little over a month and still dig through my toy bin to find it.
- Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether – Sophie seemed like an unnecessary luxury to Mom and Dad; but, when I received her as a gift they decided to give her a try. I love to chew on her this is true but what I love even more is to stand her up or walk her along the floor.
- Sassy Ring O’ Links Rattle Developmental Toy – Links are great to chew on, pull apart, and slide onto your arm. These old standbys are necessary in any baby’s home (and diaper bag).
- Little Tikes Wee Waffle Blocks ‘N Bucket – It may seem crazy to have a box of blocks out for a 6 month old let alone a smaller baby but I have found them to be excellent toys. I love to pull apart waffle blocks Mom and Dad have put together and also love to try to stick them together myself. Mom and Dad often make larger blocks out of the waffle panels for me to stack.