Dinner is over and once again I have thoroughly enjoyed putting cherries and avocado in my hair. Daddy looks at me and just shakes his head and I hear those five words “I guess it’s bath night.” At first I don’t know whether to laugh or cry for I have gone through several phases of bath loving or shall we say bath hating.
When I was tiny, bath time was great! Mom or Dad held me in the sink while the other one gently massaged me with soap. They would rub my head and use a gentle spray to rinse me off. That was the life.
Then as I got a bit bigger, they had to move me to the tub. Mom and Dad thought I would love my lounge chair, but boy were they wrong. I’m an on the go kind of kid and laying down for a bath just didn’t feel right.
This quickly lead to shower time. This was wonderful as long as Mommy or Daddy could hurry. If they were trying to take a shower too, forget about it. I don’t have time like that to waste in a day.
Now, I take a bath in the big tub without a chair. It took some getting use to but now I’m a champion at sitting on the wet surface. In fact, now I have figured out how to crawl around on it a bit. Come to think of it bath time is pretty fantastic since I figured out how to sit in the tub. I get to play basketball thanks to my uncle and this holiday called Christmas, Daddy puts on puppet shows with my wash frog, and I can splash all sorts of water around without making Mommy cry about cleaning the floor again. The only part I don’t like so much now is getting the soap out of my hair. Luckily, Mommy found this pitcher that makes it a little better. This thing has a soft front so it fits on my head and keeps the dreaded water out of my eyes.
Whatever phase of bath loving or hating you are in I guess we have to deal with it because Mommies and Daddies don’t seem to be okay with food in the hair or super dirty babies. Live it up too because I hear when we get bigger we have to do the bathing by ourselves!
- Summer Infant Fold ‘n Store Tub Time Bath Sling (Just because I didn’t like it doesn’t mean you won’t like it.)
- Little Tikes Little Champs Bathketball
- Jumping Bean’s Blue Monster Wash Puppet Mitten Terry Cloth Baby Toddler
Winter has finally set in here in Ohio. The other day there was this white stuff falling from the sky and Mommy insisted that I should watch it out the window. It was fascinating for about 15 seconds and then I got bored. After all, it just keeps coming. Anyways, a little while later Mommy and I bundled up to go and get the mail like we do every day, but this time the white stuff had built up on the mailbox – I just had to reach out and touch it. That stuff is cold. Mommy called it snow and then told me it is wet and cold – silly Mommy I already knew that I had my hand in it. Since I seemed to like the snow, Mommy took me inside and put me in these fluffy pants and put my coat and hat back on; then, she made me go and play in it more. It didn’t take too long for me to get cold and want to go back inside. So why I’m writing this post? I want to make a list for all of you babies so you don’t have to freeze to have fun in the winter. Here are some other places to take your Mommies and Daddies:
- Shopping Mall or Department Store: We usually don’t buy anything but I get a kick out of watching all of the other people and running around in the big open space. Mommy often takes me into a lot of different shops so I can see different kinds of things.
- Restaurants: Our favorite restaurants are the ones that are more like little coffee shops because I can run around a little bit and no one thinks I’m strange. It is also cool to go to these places because I get to eat a bit of bagel or some muffin.
- Aquarium or Pet Store: These are some of my favorite places. I really like the aquarium best because I get to spend a lot of time looking at the different fish and I can walk around by myself with Mommy close by; but, in a pinch the pet store works too. Either way, there are lots of cool things to look at inside.
- Grocery Shopping: As simple as it is I love to look at all the stuff in the grocery store. I get extra excited when Mommy lets me carry the bag of tortilla chips!
- Museums: I don’t really understand everything in these places but I like to walk around and Mommy and Daddy like to look at all of the old stuff.
- Children’s Art Studios: My Aunt B owns one of these places so I may be prejudice. Even though I’m not one yet, I can still create some cool stuff. We go to open studio and drive cars through paint or squish the homemade playdoh. There are often other kids my age there too!
No matter where you choose to go or what you choose to do, I recommend keeping your Mommy and Daddy inside and out of the fluffy pants as much as you can. Honestly though, the white cold stuff that fell from the sky isn’t all bad but I only want to experience it in small doses.
Mossi Toddler 1 – Pc. Snowsuit
I’m an on the go kind of kid but every now and then I have found that I need sleep. That’s right I admit it – I have to sleep. Now, Mom and Dad for a long time thought that if they just put me in my crib when I was sleeping peacefully in their arms everything would be okay, but recently they have figured out this isn’t the case. I mean seriously people who wants to wake up alone in a crib when they were being cuddled. You don’t sleep alone now do you?!? Anyway back to my point, to help me stay resting peacefully Mom and Dad gave me a little frog blanket. It is called a Lovey or something girly like that. My frog is perfectly safe and easy to hold. I love cuddling up with it and when I wake up just a little I rub the soft side and fall right back to sleep. My frog even smells like Mom and Dad. I have a sneaky suspicion that they carried it around under their shirts for a while but I don’t have any hard evidence to prove it. From one on the go kid to another, find a way to train your parents to help you sleep so you can be even more full of awesome than you already are!
Angel Dear Blankie, Brown Giraffe
My grandma and grandpa are so smart. For Christmas they bought toy shelves with baskets for my house. Sounds pretty boring I know but they are awesome! After Mommy and Daddy put them together, I could see all of my toys at once. Now I can make a mess twice as fast, make sure my oball didn’t go missing, or find my tambourine to make noise without getting distracted by something else first! I also love how my shelves are so sturdy that I can stand up and walk somewhere else without Mommy running to stop me. Best of all, Mommy thinks that the shelves were a present to her so they didn’t count as one of my gifts. That is why my grandparents are smart!
Tot Tutors Toy Organizer, Primary Colors