Yes, I know that you can simply pick up a jar of peanut butter from the store. Yes, I know that it is even possible to get a jar that doesn’t have any additional sugar, salt or oil. Yes, I … Continue reading
Ever have a night that you don’t feel much like cooking or one where you had a late/big lunch and aren’t really hungry or even a night where you’re too busy to even think about dinner until right the moment … Continue reading
We aren’t watching our carbs or looking to sneak vegetables into our food but this would be a perfect recipe for both of these things. I simply needed a simple side dish that wasn’t green beans, peas, carrots, broccoli or corn. Out of pure need for variety this recipe was born.
- Chop a head of cauliflower into bite size chunks.
- Place cauliflower into a pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Boil until tender about 10 minutes.
- Mash with a potato masher or a fork. I mash until there is still some texture but the pieces are rather small.
- Preheat a griddle or a pan to medium heat. Use 1 teaspoon of olive oil to keep these from sticking.
- Add two eggs, 1/2 cup of Panko, 1 cup shredded Co-Jack cheese, a pinch of salt and a shake of cayenne pepper.
- Mix well.
- Scoop about 2 Tablespoons onto the heated surface and flatten with the back of the spoon. Repeat if space allows the patties not to touch.
- Cook for about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve warm.
I love a good breakfast – one you can wake up and smell all the way in your bedroom. Unfortunately, some days don’t lend themselves to an all out breakfast feast, especially those days that the oldest Freeform Foodie needs … Continue reading