We aren’t watching our carbs or looking to sneak vegetables into our food but this would be a perfect recipe for both of these things. I simply needed a simple side dish that wasn’t green beans, peas, carrots, broccoli or corn. Out of pure need for variety this recipe was born.
- Chop a head of cauliflower into bite size chunks.
- Place cauliflower into a pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Boil until tender about 10 minutes.
- Mash with a potato masher or a fork. I mash until there is still some texture but the pieces are rather small.
- Preheat a griddle or a pan to medium heat. Use 1 teaspoon of olive oil to keep these from sticking.
- Add two eggs, 1/2 cup of Panko, 1 cup shredded Co-Jack cheese, a pinch of salt and a shake of cayenne pepper.
- Mix well.
- Scoop about 2 Tablespoons onto the heated surface and flatten with the back of the spoon. Repeat if space allows the patties not to touch.
- Cook for about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve warm.