It is super difficult to find a meal that can be hot and ready with little finishing work when we return home from church on a Sunday afternoon. This past Sunday, we knew that eating out wasn’t a possibility since we would already be eating later than normal due to a meeting following the service – something anyone who has ever had children under the age of 7 knows is extra tough. We also didn’t want to eat something cold – it’s snowy and super cold here right now. As I lay awake Saturday night thinking about what ingredients were living in my refrigerator I dreamed up this one. It turned out very well if I do say so myself.
Creamy Chicken and Vegetables over Egg Noodles
- Place 3 chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of poultry seasoning and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Add 2-3 cups of veggies (carrots, celery, green beans, corn, peas . . . whatever your family will eat – they could even be of the frozen variety)
- Add 2 cups of cubed potatoes.
- Pour 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup* combined with 3/4 cup of milk on top.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Shred chicken using 2 forks.
- Just before serving cook 12 ounces of egg noodles according to the directions.
*I prefer to make my own cream of whatever soups. The recipe I use to make cream of mushroom soup can be found here. You could also substitute cream of mushroom for cream of chicken.