My children love any food that can be put into a wrap or eaten like a taco. This amazingly includes Asian Style Lettuce Wraps.
- Wash and dry 8 large lettuce leaves – we prefer red leaf lettuce.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 1/2 minced onion, 1 pound ground turkey and a dash of salt and pepper to the skillet.
- Brown meat and break into small pieces.
- Toss in 2 minced garlic cloves and 2 teaspoons of ground ginger.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 Tablespoon seasame oil, 3 Tablespoons soy sauce, 1 Tablespoon peanut butter, 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar and 1 teaspoon honey. If the ingredients will not mix heat in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Add the sauce too the browned meat. Stir well.
- Stir in one drained can of chopped water chestnuts.
- Heat through.
- Scoop into lettuce leaves and eat immediately.