Some people put grapes in their chicken salad. Some people add apples. We add MANGO! We also cut the mayonnaise and add avocado to increase the vitamins and nutrients provided. I don’t know I would go so far as to call it “healthy” chicken salad but it is definitely much better for you than the other chicken salad recipes I have in my repertoire. This chicken salad is one of our favorites so I rarely make it in this amount but the recipe below easily feeds 4 adults.
Mango Chicken Salad
- Grill two chicken breasts – honestly, I often do this a day or so ahead when I’m grilling something anyway.*
- Shred or cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Cut one whole mango into bite size pieces – think similar size to a diced carrot. Toss them in with the chicken.
- Add 1 – 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise and 1 Tablespoon of lime juice.
- Stir in one mashed avocado.
- Season using 1 teaspoon of pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
We often serve this in a whole wheat or spinach tortilla wrap but it is also super delicious just on a plate!
*I’ve also use a whole rotisserie chicken in a bind!