Yes, I know that you can simply pick up a jar of peanut butter from the store.
Yes, I know that it is even possible to get a jar that doesn’t have any additional sugar, salt or oil.
Yes, I know that making our own peanut butter takes time.
But . . .
- Does that peanut butter have a texture that is exactly what my family loves?
- Does that peanut butter cost less than $2.00 a jar?
- Does buying that peanut butter make my kids smile like making it does?
No. No. No.
So, here we are . . .
- Dump a can of unsalted peanuts into a food processor.
- Process until the texture is what your family prefers – for us this means super creamy.
- If you want chunky peanut butter, remove smooth peanut butter and add 1/2 can of new peanuts. Then, process until there are small bits. Stir the two batches together.