Some days are just busy and on these days I always seem to want pizza. My regular pizza dough recipe takes 3.5 hours to make so pulling it off on a busy day just isn’t going to happen. So, I decided I needed a quick go to pizza recipe just for these kinds of days.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl mix 1 cup HOT water, 2 Tablespoons honey, 1 Tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Slowly add 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Mix well for seven minutes or use a stand mixer with a dough hook to give your arm a break. If the dough still seems sticky, add 1/2 cup of flour.
- Press or roll dough onto a cookie sheet. We like ours about 1/4 inch thick.
- Pierce dough several times with a fork.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- While dough is baking, chop toppings* and shred cheese.
- Spread pizza sauce on partially baked crust – we use our own that we can buy store bought is fine.
- Add toppings.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top. Placing toppings under the cheese keeps them from burning!
- Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
* We enjoy green peppers, black olives, mushrooms, tomatoes and browned Italian sausage.