You know that one meal that everyone in the house loves but you hardly ever make because you don’t ever remember it when you get around to meal planning? That meal is this one for us. This meal brings together some of our favorite flavors and is quick and easy to boot.
Pork Roast and Peppers
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Season a 1.5-2 pound pork Roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil over medium high heat and seat meat on all sides.
- Once seared, put the pan with the pork roast into the oven for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 165*.
- While the roast is cooking, slice bell peppers in a variety of colors. We usually slice 3-4 whole peppers.
- In a second skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon of oil and add the peppers.
- Sauté until soft.
- Serve the peppers under spiced pork roast.
We like to serve this with an avocado mash on top. Here’s the bonus recipe . . .
- Scoop out the flesh of one avocado into a bowl and mash.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 Tablespoon lime juice.
- Sprinkle in 1/4 cup dried parsley.
- Stir in 2 minced garlic cloves.
- Combine using a spoon.