Brussel sprouts get a bad wrap. Many of us grew up eating very bitter, poorly cooked versions of this beautiful vegetable. I’ll be honest even though I have always been a fairly adventurous eater – it even took me a while to take the plunge and try them again after some truly terrible tastes as a kid. But, I’m so glad that I did! The recipe below is one that my children, even the picky three year old though he does peel the outer layer off of his, will eat.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Preheat the oven to 450*.
- Cut off the stem end – this is the bitter part – of each brussel and then cut it in half.
- Spread all of the brussels on a sheet tray.
- Sprinkle with about 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt* and pepper.
- Place the sheet tray in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the outer leaves are very dark brown.
- Serve warm
*We prefer to use Kosher salt but it is not an end all be all.