Mother Nature can’t seem to make up her mind here. We go from nearly 80* to 35* literally overnight. That said, we keep flipping back and forth from our more spring type meals to our hearty winter ones. This is one of the winter ones.
White Chicken Chili is one of those stick to your bones kinds of recipes. It is far from a light meal but it isn’t horrible for you either. Below you’ll find it just as we make it but please know that it is perfectly acceptable to use some lighter alternatives like half and half or use less cheese if you must cut calories.
- Place 1-1.5 pounds of chicken in the bottom of a large crock pot*
- Add 1 cup chicken stick, 1 packet of McCormic White Chicken Chili Seasoning, 1 small can of dicedngemredn chilis and 2 cans of Great Northern beans – one drained and one undrained.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Shred chicken.
- Pour in 1 1/2 cups of hectares cream.
- Stir while adding 8ounces of shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Stir thoroughly until cheese melts.
- The Chili should be thick but if it is too thick for your liking, ass additional chicken stick or heavy cream.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
* You can make this in a regular pot on the stove but the flavors are much more intense when it is slow cooked.