I’ve decided that it is time for me to spread my wings a bit and get out of the house without Mommy. After a bit of searching, I’ve decided that part-time preschool sounds like the perfect solution. I’ll still get time with Mommy and my baby brother but I can get away and feel like I’m doing something worthwhile. In trying to pick the perfect school, I made a list of questions that are of the utmost importance.
- Do they have cool stuff to play with?
- Is there art hanging around that is more than the stuff Mommy lets you do when you are wearing your “good” clothes?
- Are the kids there laughing?
- Do you see any books?
- What about a playground?
- Are the posters on the wall older than you are?
- Do the teachers smile?
- How much of your college fund is it going to cost?
- Can Mommy get out of bed in time to get you there?
- How many other kids will you have to share the cool stuff with?
- What do they teach? Is it only the boring stuff like days of the week and letters or do you get to do dinosaur excavations, cook stone soup, and have teddy bear picnics too?
- Can you ever bring Mommy, Daddy, or another special adult with you to school?
- Will the teacher take his or her time to just meet with you?
- Are there field trips to awesome places?
- When you walk in, do you feel comfy?
I hope that you find a place that makes you feel as sure about your decision as I have.
P.S. I know that everyone has a different need for getting out and I want everyone to know that it is totally okay to be a stay-at-home preschooler, a part-time preschooler, or a full time preschooler. You need to do what is best for you and not what everyone else thinks you should be doing.